Ovi Maps for visually impaired people: meet Carsten

Today we introduce you to a very special person, who I met by chance via the Ovi Blog in late May and who told me a story that I just knew needed to be told to the world. Dear Ovi Blog readers: meet Carsten Lange.

The story goes like this: on May 25th, I asked all of our readers to send in any questions they'd like to ask our Maps expert Pino Bonetti in his Ovi People Interview the following week. I got many questions via the Blog and via email, but one email was so touching it took me by complete surprise. I had to stop what I was doing and just read. This letter from a German guy named Carsten started with the words:

"I've been visually impaired since I was born in 1979 and because of this handicap I have a big disorientation. Since I'm using Ovi Maps' walking navigation there is much more quality in life for me. I can be a part of the public life; I can orient myself in unknown areas of cities... All of that makes my life much easier and I feel more confident and safe now..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment