[Concept Art] HTC HD3 running WP7 & HTC Sense 3 (2010-07-31)

This is my second HD3 Concept. I made the first one (link) in February 2010 - back then people didn't knew much about Windows Phone 7. I thought it's going to be similar to 6.5.x and that - at some point - we'll be able to flash it on our current devices.

That's why I came up with a phone running Windows Mobile 7 and which looked like a kitchen knife (and what's with that huge weather animation?! ).

The Concept got some attention and was mentioned on several websites and blogs all over the world. That's when I learned that Google Translate has no problems translating "What an ugly phone!" from Russian and Turkish to English. Although I designed it for my graphic novel which takes place in 2015, my futuristic HD3 specifications were taken seriously so I was heavily criticized for the hardware.

Now, a few months later, I present to you my latest HD3 Concept.

Since everyone would like to see different specs I've decided to give you guys a chance of writing your own. I will update the threat with realistic specifications written by someone who knows what he/she's talking about.

As you can see, my new HD3 has two Build-in Speakers on both sides of the screen (I really liked that about my previous concept), a front facing Camera, HDMI output and a Micro-USB port. There are 6 hardware buttons (Power, Volume Up and Down and 3 WP7 buttons). You can come up with the rest.

I decided to make WP7 more customizable so I skinned it with Sense 3 (do you REALLY think HTC would release a phone without Sense? I know Microsoft claims that all WP7 devices should use Metro, but Sense is HTC's trademark). Of course you could still change the wallpaper:



Finally, before you start complaining about the hardware buttons, he's an alternative version with buttons that would give actual feedback (though I think they make the phone look ugly):

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment