Where are the Google Android Phones?

On my way to work this morning, I read multiple RSS feed entries regarding to HTC to ship atleast two Android powered phones this year. I kind of chuckled at the stories thinking I have heard that one before. When I ran across this article titled "Google Android: All Dressed Up, Nowhere to Run" published by Scott Mortiz at TheStreet.com, I thought, this couldn't be more true.

Personally, I am getting frustrated waiting for hardware makers to come up phones running Android OS. Especially for the hardware makers that are lagging behind in the mobile space such as Moto or Palm, why wouldn't they focus building a high performance hardware running on Google Android right away. HTC is already cranking out good looking WM devices and taking the lead in Android development. Palm should stop wasting time on the "Pre" OS and crank out a few handsets running Android to get the cash flow going then maybe come up with its own OS at leisure.

Is it too much to ask for a more sophisticated and polished Android device that didn't get hit by the ugly stick?

0 comments:

Post a Comment