Review: Griffin Elan Form Chrome for iPhone 3G

Today, I decided to swap out my wife's iPhone 3G into a new case by Griffin; the Elan Form Chrome. Personally, I am more of a low-key phone/accessories personality but I thought since Spring is around the corner, why not freshen up this iPhone with a new case. So off comes the Griffin Clarifi and on goes the Elan Form Chrome.

The Elan Form is a popular series by Griffin for iPhone. Essentially it is a two-piece hardshell case design with their popular EasyDock design and finished off with a hardened leather. Our blog contributor Toby covered the original Elan Form review last September. The "Chrome" edition as one would have guessed features chrome trims around the seems and openings of the case.

I feared if the case would look too flamboyant at first but when examing the case closely, the face of the iPhone doesn't look too different than without a case simply because all iPhones come with a polished trim around its border. This case just makes it a little bolder and more defined. When you flip over to the backside of the case, the chrome around the seems provides a big bold contrast against the leather finish. It looks a little cheesey for my taste.

Other than the slight design complaint I have, this is another solid case from Griffin. I figured since my wife is carrying this phone, she can probably pull it off. I would probably opt for something more subtle like the awesome Griffin Clarifi or their new Elan Form Graphite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment