Amazon's 30-Day Price Protection Cancelled!

From two of my previous entries about PS3 version of Fallout at amazing low prices, its obvious that if you had purchased it during my first post, you would have paid $12.01 more ($46.99 instead of $34.98). I remembered Amazon offering a 30 day price protection in the past that I was able to use from time to time but to my surprise, this is the lame response I received:
Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on item "Fallout 3". I understand you bought this item from us just recently at a different price. Unfortunately, we cannot extend a refund to you for the difference between the original price and the lower price you saw posted on our website.

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

I understand you may have taken advantage of a 30-day price guarantee policy in the past. However, that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of the many discounts we offer on your next visit to our store.

Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
Its pretty ridiculous that in less than 48 hours, price dropped nearly 25% and they would not do anything about this to their loyal customers. Their approach is completely non-customer-centric despite what their signature line at the closing paragraph says. This is a major turn off for me; even brick and mortar stores offer price adjustments for a limited time (14 days or so...). Buyer's beware!

0 comments:

Post a Comment